Friday, June 24, 2011

Blog topic #4

I grew up with technology integrated classes throughout my education, and I really believe that technology is a great tool to use in the classroom. Throughout designing this technology integrated unit, my opinion about technology in the classroom only got stronger and much more well rounded. I really enjoyed presenting this technology integrated unit.

Keeping in mind my partner Rebecca and I were making this unit for high school students, I believe we properly incorporated technology and differentiated content and pedagogy.

I thought we presented the information very well using the powerpoint. The powerpoint program allowed our class, Rebecca, and I to not only visualize an outline of our unit, but this particular tool allowed us to link various website links, and videos to differentiate the content given throughout the presentation.

The website, webquest, and esSheets we created also allotted for various process oriented differentiation. The high school students need freedom within their final projects to gain interest, motivate, and get the best possible work. These tools guided the students through the information, rather than implant the information.

Overall, I think we did a great job on this project. I personally could have probably found a better quality trailer for The Great Gatsby movie. Next time I do a unit on The Great Gatsby I will find a better video.

No comments:

Post a Comment